Our hearts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Jared Francom. The loss of a life is always devastating.
Jared Daniel Francom
1981 – 2012
Obituary -Deseret News on January 8, 2012
Special Agent Jared Daniel Francom, 30, tragically died in the line of duty on January 5, 2012, while engaged in service to our community and defending his fellow officers.
Jared was destined from a very early age to dedicate his life to service in law enforcement and he lost his life doing what he loved to do. He was a wonderful father, husband, brother, son and friend and he will be greatly missed.
Jared married Erin G. Frisby Sept. 18, 2004. Their union was blessed with two beautiful daughters. He was a wonderful dad to his precious girls.
Jared loved the outdoors and participated in anything that brought excitement to his life. He was an avid skydiver and loved his motorcycle. He was an active member of the LDS Church and was an Eagle Scout. Jared joined the Ogden City Police Department in 2004. He was currently serving as a member of the Weber-Morgan County Narcotics Strike Force. He was also the President of the Ogden Police Benefit Association.
Jared is survived by his wife, Erin; daughters, Samantha Rose and Hailey Lynn; parents, Jade and Shelly Francom, Kaysville; grandparents, Donna & Willis Crouch, Layton, Larry Miller, Lindon; father-in-law, John and Diane Frisby, Las Vegas; 3 brothers and one sister, Travis (Jessica) of Layton, Ben and Gunner, both of Kaysville, Robyn Todd of S. Jordan.
- Matthew Defended Himself
- The Fight is Not Over
- Matthew gave up hope of justice
- Ogden Police Mistakes Continue
- Defense Seeks Acquittal
- Matthew’s Case Continues to Jury Trial
- A Victim of Police Violence???
- Officers’ failure to prepare made a violent situation even more dangerous
- Day one preliminary summary!
- A Statement from Matthew’s family
- The Long Awaited Preliminary!
- Matthew thought he was being robbed and his life threatened
- Fundraiser to Support Defense Fund
- POW :Protest the violent war on drugs and support Matthew David Stewart
- Stewart supporters gather to support a non-violent drug policy
- Prosecution selectively releases search warrant, others remain sealed
- Accepting Donations Again!
- Defense denied access to Matthew’s home
- Weber County Officials tainting would-be Jurors
- Seeking a Level Field
- Thank you for your Support!
- Dissatisfaction with Police and Prosecution handling of Matthew’s case
- Despite requests to the prosecution for evidence, Stewart’s lawyer has received nothing
- A Tragic Misunderstanding