Matthew David Stewart
Matthew Stewart was born May 21st 1974 to Michael and Sonja Stewart. He was the oldest out of five children growing up in the Stewart household in Ogden, Utah.
As a child Matthew was bright, fun, sensitive and responsible. Many times helping his mother with his younger brothers and sisters. He has also always been very intelligent and inventive. His mother describes him as her right hand man while growing up. She beamed as she reminisced about an old hand made coupon book that Matthew gave to her as a Mother’s Day gift. The vouchers inside where for things like “one clean house” or “one clean shed”.
After Matthew graduated from Ogden High School in 1992 he left home to serve his country in the U.S. Army. He spent time in Germany and also in Saudi Arabia. He was an air born soldier and received awards for his knowledge and ability in his specialty, communications.
After returning home Matthew got a night job as an armed security job for the IRS. He worked there for many years before leaving to pursue his schooling as a licensed massage therapist. In a weak economy, he failed to find work in the massage industry and got a job as a night shift receiving associate at a local Wal*Mart.
Matthew is a kind and compassionate man who embraces natural healing methods. He has a vast knowledge of the benefits held in massage, herbs, and aromatherapy. He is always excited when he has a chance to share this with other people, often making fragrances and candles, or offering free massage work to people he cares about.
Matthew has a love for music. His appreciation ranges across a broad variety of genres and forms. He often loves finding new and exciting songs to share with family and friends. He spends his free time searching for the perfect mix of music to put on CDs to hand out. Music speaks to Matthew and he does his best to share that message with others.
Matthew loves the outdoors and nature. He especially enjoys going on hikes with anyone he could drag along with him.
Matthew is very physically fit and takes pride in a healthy body. One of his huge role models throughout his life is Arnold Schwarzenegger. Matthew would take advice and techniques from books Arnold has released or old videos he found on the internet to apply to his own physical regime.
Every citizen of these United States of America has the right to a fair trial. Please consider helping to ensure that the truth is heard.
- Matthew Defended Himself
- The Fight is Not Over
- Matthew gave up hope of justice
- Ogden Police Mistakes Continue
- Defense Seeks Acquittal
- Matthew’s Case Continues to Jury Trial
- A Victim of Police Violence???
- Officers’ failure to prepare made a violent situation even more dangerous
- Day one preliminary summary!
- A Statement from Matthew’s family
- The Long Awaited Preliminary!
- Matthew thought he was being robbed and his life threatened
- Fundraiser to Support Defense Fund
- POW :Protest the violent war on drugs and support Matthew David Stewart
- Stewart supporters gather to support a non-violent drug policy
- Prosecution selectively releases search warrant, others remain sealed
- Accepting Donations Again!
- Defense denied access to Matthew’s home
- Weber County Officials tainting would-be Jurors
- Seeking a Level Field
- Thank you for your Support!
- Dissatisfaction with Police and Prosecution handling of Matthew’s case
- Despite requests to the prosecution for evidence, Stewart’s lawyer has received nothing
- A Tragic Misunderstanding