What is the purpose of this website?
This site allows people and organizations to support Matthew Stewart in his efforts to seek justice. Defending oneself in the court of law is a costly endeavor and this site helps us raise funds for his legal defense.
Why collect donations if tax dollars will pay for a public defender?
While the Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution grants the right to legal counsel, having the right tools to mount a proper defense in a complex case such as this takes much more. The testimony of expert witnesses, scientists, medical professionals, and other helpful contributors is essential in communicating the facts and may not be afforded to public defenders through tax payer funding.
Can donations be made anonymously?
All donations are private. We will not share your information or make it public.
How much of my donation will go toward Matthew’s defense fund?
100% of all contributions are used to pay the compounding legal costs associated with this high profile case.
Why are there ads on this site?
Having the ads on this site helps to generate a small amount of money for Matthew’s defense fund. We don’t pick which ads are placed in the ad spots, instead that is determined by Google Adsense.
I posted a comment but I don’t see it showing yet?
Comments are sent through an anti-spam moderation queue and display may be delayed. Comments containing hateful speech are often flagged and ignored.
What can I do to help?
If you are a legal professional, pertinent expert witness, or ballistics expert, consider donating your services to Matthew’s defense.
If you are an organization with an aligning cause, such as Civil Liberties or Forfeiture Reform, consider making a financial contribution to Matthew’s defense fund.
If you are an individual interested in the pursuit of justice, please donate some money to Matthew’s defense fund.
Please Donate Now! We need your help.
- Matthew Defended Himself
- The Fight is Not Over
- Matthew gave up hope of justice
- Ogden Police Mistakes Continue
- Defense Seeks Acquittal
- Matthew’s Case Continues to Jury Trial
- A Victim of Police Violence???
- Officers’ failure to prepare made a violent situation even more dangerous
- Day one preliminary summary!
- A Statement from Matthew’s family
- The Long Awaited Preliminary!
- Matthew thought he was being robbed and his life threatened
- Fundraiser to Support Defense Fund
- POW :Protest the violent war on drugs and support Matthew David Stewart
- Stewart supporters gather to support a non-violent drug policy
- Prosecution selectively releases search warrant, others remain sealed
- Accepting Donations Again!
- Defense denied access to Matthew’s home
- Weber County Officials tainting would-be Jurors
- Seeking a Level Field
- Thank you for your Support!
- Dissatisfaction with Police and Prosecution handling of Matthew’s case
- Despite requests to the prosecution for evidence, Stewart’s lawyer has received nothing
- A Tragic Misunderstanding