Matthew David Stewart’s October 31st preliminary date is fast approaching, with so many questions left unanswered, many hope that at least some of them will be addressed during the three day hearing. The past ten months have been frustrating for many as Matthew continues to be held and treated as if he’s already been sentenced.
I’d like to take this time to reflect on some of the great things that we’ve seen. First of all the amount of people willing to come forward and show their love and support has been overwhelming. Many have sent great words of encouragement and offered up any support they can muster, whether it be time dedicated to Keep the Peace efforts, financial aid to Matthew’s defense team, or just an ear and a shoulder. No one has gone unnoticed and every effort and gesture has been greatly appreciated.
I’d also like to take note of Matthew’s amazing journey to health. Matthew sustained multiple injuries on the night of January 4th one of which left Matthew with intestinal problems and a colostomy. He found himself experiencing complications stemming from the colostomy on a few occasions which in turn led to emergency surgeries. After the third surgery it was decided to try and reverse the colostomy in hopes that enough time had passed that plenty of healing had occurred. It was something that would only be attempted once….thankfully the surgery was successful and Matthew’s quality of life has greatly improved! He now looks for means to stay fit while in the confines of his small cell and asks for different ideas and exercises that may be performed in small spaces.
There have also been events dedicated to raising funds for Matthew’s defense team and to raise awareness to the dangers related to home invasion style raids. As time goes on we are determined to continue our efforts in both areas and we will keep the public informed so that those who wish to do so can attend.
Throughout the preliminary we will post updates on the proceedings and events at the end of the day so please check back to stay informed of all things Matthew. Again, thank you for the continued support, prayers, thoughts and concern.
- Matthew Defended Himself
- The Fight is Not Over
- Matthew gave up hope of justice
- Ogden Police Mistakes Continue
- Defense Seeks Acquittal
- Matthew’s Case Continues to Jury Trial
- A Victim of Police Violence???
- Officers’ failure to prepare made a violent situation even more dangerous
- Day one preliminary summary!
- A Statement from Matthew’s family
- The Long Awaited Preliminary!
- Matthew thought he was being robbed and his life threatened
- Fundraiser to Support Defense Fund
- POW :Protest the violent war on drugs and support Matthew David Stewart
- Stewart supporters gather to support a non-violent drug policy
- Prosecution selectively releases search warrant, others remain sealed
- Accepting Donations Again!
- Defense denied access to Matthew’s home
- Weber County Officials tainting would-be Jurors
- Seeking a Level Field
- Thank you for your Support!
- Dissatisfaction with Police and Prosecution handling of Matthew’s case
- Despite requests to the prosecution for evidence, Stewart’s lawyer has received nothing
- A Tragic Misunderstanding