In Ogden, Utah on January 4th, 2012 the Weber Morgan Narcotics Strike Force violently raided the home of Matthew David Stewart. Matthew is a decorated former soldier of the United States Army Airborne and an avid outdoors-man under the alleged authority of a search warrant that he was growing marijuana. It is said that the police found 16 marijuana plants in the home in which Matthew was using to self-medicate for anxiety. Matthew believed he was being robbed and felt threatened by the violent invasion. After a fire fight resumed one officer was tragically killed, while five others were injured. Matthew was also badly injured and is now a prisoner of a modern and unjust war that is ‘The War on Drugs’.
We are KEEP THE PEACE a group committed to ending the violent procedures that endanger our officers, families, and neighborhoods. One man who is instrumental in keeping our community safe is our district attorney, Dee Smith, the man who oversees police action in our streets. A main focus for our event is to continually show our support to Matthew David Stewart, to voice our displeasure in the increasing amount of violence amongst our officers by serving a ‘search warrant’ to Dee Smith to publicly acknowledge how many police involved shootings he has deemed justified and also, to gain knowledge of how frequently these invasions happen, to whom and in what areas.
Join us and let your voices be heard!
Please wear black when attending and remember our focus is to ‘Keep the Peace’
May 18th, 2012 @ 12:00 pm (noon)
Weber County Building 2380 Washington Blvd Ogden Utah, 84401
Matthew’s face book page has more information so please feel free to check it out
- Matthew Defended Himself
- The Fight is Not Over
- Matthew gave up hope of justice
- Ogden Police Mistakes Continue
- Defense Seeks Acquittal
- Matthew’s Case Continues to Jury Trial
- A Victim of Police Violence???
- Officers’ failure to prepare made a violent situation even more dangerous
- Day one preliminary summary!
- A Statement from Matthew’s family
- The Long Awaited Preliminary!
- Matthew thought he was being robbed and his life threatened
- Fundraiser to Support Defense Fund
- POW :Protest the violent war on drugs and support Matthew David Stewart
- Stewart supporters gather to support a non-violent drug policy
- Prosecution selectively releases search warrant, others remain sealed
- Accepting Donations Again!
- Defense denied access to Matthew’s home
- Weber County Officials tainting would-be Jurors
- Seeking a Level Field
- Thank you for your Support!
- Dissatisfaction with Police and Prosecution handling of Matthew’s case
- Despite requests to the prosecution for evidence, Stewart’s lawyer has received nothing
- A Tragic Misunderstanding