Due to resent allegations we feel it is incredibly important that we speak out on Matthew’s behalf since he can not currently be heard.
Child Pornography? No way.
It is a fact that a detective thought he had found images “consistent with child pornography”. It is only natural that the detective felt that he needed to get the proper approval to look into the matter further. That is, of course, what a search warrant provides. It is important that we remind the public, and Matthew’s supporters alike, that if anything abnormal and unnatural was found, he would be facing additional charges. Clearly child pornography was not found.
Bomb Making Materials? Not even close.
Investigators claim to have found evidence that Matthew purchased materials that could be used in “bomb making”. In fact, the Potassium Chlorate mixture that Matthew had in his linen closet was being used in the manufacturing of smoke signal flares. As mentioned before Matthew is a lover of the outdoors and nature, and he enjoyed trekking deep into the wilderness. At one time, he thought he would want to try living off the land to test his knowledge of survival skills. Matthew wanted to do this safely and had planned on adding the smoke signal flares to his survival kit.
Ogden IRS Building Map? He worked there.
The detective had mentioned in the search warrant that there was a map found of the 12th street facility with certain entrances and exits highlighted. Matthew was an armed security guard for several IRS buildings. Possession of this map by anyone is not exactly cause for concern, but even more than that, Matthew had a legitimate reason to have a map of this type. It was his job.
Trying this Case in the Media
The prosecution continues their attempts to discredit Matthew. They pick and choose which warrants to leave sealed, and which to expose to the media. When Matthew speaks out with the truth, they request a gag order. When Matthew’s most active lawyer is vocal about their miscarriage of the judicial process, they call a press conference to lambaste the defense. They continue to disseminate misinformation to the media in an effort to sway potential jurors. It is clear that Matthew cannot get a fair trial without a change of venue.
Prosecutors selectively released this search warrant, but the probable cause affidavits and other documents supporting the original search warrant continue to remain out of public view. They remain under the prosecution’s lock and key.
- Matthew Defended Himself
- The Fight is Not Over
- Matthew gave up hope of justice
- Ogden Police Mistakes Continue
- Defense Seeks Acquittal
- Matthew’s Case Continues to Jury Trial
- A Victim of Police Violence???
- Officers’ failure to prepare made a violent situation even more dangerous
- Day one preliminary summary!
- A Statement from Matthew’s family
- The Long Awaited Preliminary!
- Matthew thought he was being robbed and his life threatened
- Fundraiser to Support Defense Fund
- POW :Protest the violent war on drugs and support Matthew David Stewart
- Stewart supporters gather to support a non-violent drug policy
- Prosecution selectively releases search warrant, others remain sealed
- Accepting Donations Again!
- Defense denied access to Matthew’s home
- Weber County Officials tainting would-be Jurors
- Seeking a Level Field
- Thank you for your Support!
- Dissatisfaction with Police and Prosecution handling of Matthew’s case
- Despite requests to the prosecution for evidence, Stewart’s lawyer has received nothing
- A Tragic Misunderstanding